On this page, I list all the discussion articles; these articles are less about specific events, but discussions about wider trends and issues which effect us, and my overall conclusions on how to cope with them. They are discussions because they are not so much political, with detailed responses to immediate issues, but are more ideological in an overarching sense, linking different events together to form opinions on how to shape the future of Europe’s body politic.
- 6th June 2017 – There is a dêmos-shaped hole in the centre of Europe – DiEM25 must fill it
- 23rd March 2017 – Imperial Europe: The Return of Europe as Empire?
- 14th March 2017 – The debate on Europe has begun; but will it be enough?
- 14th October 2016 – National capitals are all that’s left of this European Union
- 9th July 2016 – Suez, Iraq and Brexit; three catastrophic blunders in British history
- 25th June 2016 – They lied: why Europe is where it is today
- 25th April 2016 – A Travesty for the Civilised World
- 26th February 2016 – A New Deal for Europe: democratising the Union
- 15th February 2016 – A defence of the European Union
On Europe: Questions and Reflections on the Divided Continent
- 31st March 2017 – Part 1: L’Idée européene and the World of Yesterday
- 20th April 2017 – Part 2: Nationalism in Europe, Conflict & Diversity
- 21st April 2017 – Part 3: Old Europe, New Europe, Federal Europe
The Nations series